Home Forums Noticings… 191127 – A Cup of Tea

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    office
    Keymaster

Noticings…

November 27, 2019

Today I offer a meditation from a Buddhist monk and peace activist named Thich Nhat Hanh. I can’t remember if I’ve shared this before, but it’s so good that even if I have it’s worth repeating! As we enter into the season of Advent, and the seemingly inevitable Christmas rush, I hope you will take a few moments, breathe deeply, and let these words refresh you. Advent is about anticipation and waiting, and we can’t skip ahead to the big day. Our journey is deeper if we can savour the waiting, and be fully present in each moment. Enjoy your tea!

“You must be completely awake in the present to enjoy the tea.
    Only in the awareness of the present, can your hands feel the pleasant warmth of the cup.
    Only in the present, can you savour the aroma, taste the sweetness, appreciate the delicacy.
    If you are ruminating about the past, or worrying about the future, you will completely miss the experience of enjoying the cup of tea.
    You will look down at the cup, and the tea will be gone.
    Life is like that.
    If you are not fully present, you will look around and it will be gone.
    You will have missed the feel, the aroma, the delicacy and beauty of life.
    It will seem to be speeding past you. The past is finished.
    Learn from it and let it go.
    The future is not even here yet. Plan for it, but do not waste your time worrying about it.
    Worrying is worthless.
    When you stop ruminating about what has already happened, when you stop worrying about what might never happen, then you will be in the present moment.
    Then you will begin to experience joy in life.”

Amen!

Advent Celebration & Pot Luck ~ This Sunday

Immediately following the Sunday Worship you are invited to a pot luck lunch and an afternoon of Christmas music and fun. Following the lunch there will be crafts to make and take and the Church to decorate. Our sanctuary and atrium need decorating with garlands, angels and wreaths as well as trees to be decorated. Decorations are supplied.

Come and join the fun!

Songs For Sunday Night

Here’s a way to make your Sunday Night Worship experience even better! Here’s a link to the songs we’ll be singing this week. Now you can listen to the songs before you come and enter into worship more fully! And if you can’t make it Sunday you can just click and listen for your own worship time. Sunday Nights at 7:15pm. (Bring a friend!)
    Shalom,
    Larry
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.