Home Forums Noticings… 191107 – So. Much.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    office
    Keymaster

Noticings…

November 7, 2019

Every year it seems to get better and better. And bigger and bigger! And every year it is a resounding success. Our annual Faith United Christmas Bazaar was last weekend, and once again it exceeded expectations. It truly is an all-encompassing endeavour that involves the whole church. I’d like to share with you what I noticed.

First, during the days of set up, I noticed that there was a shared vision of how things would be displayed, and there was real pride and ownership on the part of the people who were in charge of their respective areas. While it may have appeared like chaos from the outside at times, the reality was that it was slowly taking shape (kinda like our faith journeys). And in just a couple of days every nook and cranny of our church was transformed into Christmas.

Then the big day arrived; and what a day it was! I’m glad I have a designated parking spot because when I arrived there were cars parking on the street because our lot was full. That’s a pretty good sign that things are going well. We walked in and were greeted with hospitality. That’s a pretty good start! Then it was on to squeeze through the hordes of people and explore the winter wonderland of stuff. So. Much. Stuff!  Table after table of beautiful treasures, many of them beautifully hand-crafted. So. Much. Talent! It’s both inspiring and awesome. And perhaps the most impressive thing was the joyful and friendly look on your faces as worked your tables and helped shoppers select and purchase their treasures. And you all kept smiling your way through it; hour after hour after hour. So. Much. Time!

Sunday morning I arrived for church and you’d almost never know that anything had happened the day before. And then you all showed up! Again! After spending days at the church and being on your feet for hours the day before you came Sunday morning to worship – and to celebrate!

I think the thing that warms my heart and moves my spirit the most about the annual Christmas Bazaar is your collective spirits as you engage in this long, hard work. Clearly, you enjoy one another’s company, and clearly you are passionate about your church. I noticed! Surely, God was (and is) in that place and amid all of you as you work collectively as the body of Christ to build up his church. And that’s how I measure the resounding success of the thing. Raising a bunch of money for the church is good. But seeing you all come together in a collective expression of faith and love and mutuality? Priceless! So congratulations (with a special shout out to Mary Ellen Nicholishen, our coordinator par excellence) on another fantastic and successful Christmas Bazaar. And thank you for all you do. So. Much. Blessing! (And now I think I’ll enjoy something I got from the bake table!)

Leslie Mezei ~ Wednesday, Nov. 13th @ 7 PM

We are privileged to have Holocaust Survivor, Leslie Mezei, as our guest speaker next Wednesday.
    Leslie Mezei was born in 1931 in Hungary. After escaping the Nazis in his home country, he arrived in Canada in 1948, where he completed high school, and university (McGill and U of T), where he later became a professor of computer science. Leslie married Annie Wasserman in 1953 and raised two children with her before she died in 1977. Leslie now lives with his wife, Kathy, in Toronto, where he is involved in the interfaith and interspiritual movement, the mission of which is to promote a message of unity in diversity.

Songs For Sunday Night

Here’s a way to make your Sunday Night Worship experience even better! Here’s a link to the songs we’ll be singing this week. Now you can listen to the songs before you come and enter into worship more fully! And if you can’t make it Sunday you can just click and listen for your own worship time. Sunday Nights at 7:15pm. (Bring a friend!)
    Shalom,
    Larry
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.