• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    office
    Keymaster

Noticings…

December 23, 2020
    Christmas Eve Parking Lot Gathering – Cancelled
    With great sadness, but sure of our decision, our Faith United Council met online Monday night and agreed that we must CANCEL our planned outdoor Christmas Eve parking lot gathering. This week’s announcement by the provincial government puts the entire province into lockdown as of this coming Saturday. While it would still be permissible to go forward with an in-person gathering according to the rules, Council reasoned that the wisest and safest course of action is to assume that whatever risk is requiring lockdown on Saturday is already present on Thursday – so while we ‘could’ gather we have chosen that we ‘should’ NOT gather.
    It’s heartbreaking to not be together on Christmas Eve – even for a short gathering – but this is the way we love one another – by staying safe. We are all terribly disappointed too.
    Thankfully, that was not our only opportunity to gather as a Faith community. Read on!
    Christmas Eve – Lessons and Carols Worship Service
    We have pre-recorded our traditional Christmas Eve ‘Lessons and Carols’ service! It will be available on our YouTube channel starting at 4:00 pm on December 24th. You can watch it whenever you wish. You should have a candle handy for each person watching because the service closes with our annual lighting of candles and singing “Silent Night.” We also have Communion on Christmas Eve so you will want to have ‘bread and juice’ ready.
    BONUS: The Christmas Eve worship service concludes with the compilation of your ‘10 Second Christmas Greetings’ videos. A remarkably astounding 50 families and individuals sent in videos!!! I got more than a little misty as I edited them together. It is simply wonderful to see everyone’s smiling faces!
    (The 10 Second Greetings video will also be available separately to view and share on Christmas Day at Noon.)
    Christmas Eve – Family Fun
    In place of our usual Christmas Eve Family service I’ve put together a YouTube video playlist with music, learning, scripture, and fun aimed at our kids and families. (It’s about 30 minutes or so.) That would be a great playlist to share with some of your non-church-attending friends! The Family playlist will be on our YouTube channel starting at Noon on December 24th. You can watch it whenever you wish.
    I know that these opportunities to celebrate the birth of Jesus at Christmas with our Faith United friends will be welcome and appreciated – and I know that they can never be the same as being together in-person. But these are the times and circumstances we live in. We’ve tried to do our best to give us a semblance of the Spirit of Christmas at church. I hope it comes close. It hurts to not be together in-person – but we can certainly be together in spirit. And that’s not just a bunch of words. For people of faith the idea of being connected in spirit, being in spiritual communion with God, Christ, and one another, is one of our central tenets. I will hold on to that firmly in this season.
    I wish each and every one of you a very merry, blessed, holy, and sacred Christmas!
    Shalom,
    Rev. Larry
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.