Home Forums Noticings… 200715 – Church Hopping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    office
    Keymaster

Noticings…

July 15, 2020

We apologize for the technical issues with the livestream on Sunday. Here is the link to the Online Worship for Sunday, July 12th.

I am on holidays this week and next so there will not be a worship service livestreamed from Faith United on July 19th or July 26th. Zeljka and I will return at our usual 10:30 am time on Sunday August 2nd.

Rather than try to arrange for a pulpit supply minister to come in and learn our technology in this pandemic season our Faith United Council decided it would be better to offer our congregation some other online options. One of the positives to emerge from this season of pandemic is that there are now hundreds of United Churches offering online worship. Here’s your chance to do a little church hopping and check out other churches! Here are a few that I would recommend:

Metropolitan United Church – Toronto
    Rev. Karen Bowles is the interim minister at Metropolitan, long one of the “tall steeples” of the United Church. Their service is at 11:00 am. Click the link to access their website, and then click the “Service Livestream” button.

Trinity-St. Andrew’s United Church – Brighton
    Rev. Wanda Stride leads worship from this church in Brighton. Their service is at 10:30 am and is streamed through Facebook. Click the link to go directly to their Facebook page.

Kedron United Church – Oshawa
    Rev. Christopher White served at Westminster in Whitby for many years and is now at Kedron United in Oshawa. Their service is at 10:00 am and is streamed through Facebook. Click the link to go directly to their Facebook page.

Or, if you’re the adventurous type, here is a link to the entire catalogue of known United Church online services. You could find something from anywhere across the whole country!
    United Church Online Worship Map

I hope you enjoy your online worship with our friends and neighbours across this United Church of ours. And I look forward to being with you again on August 2nd.

Shalom,
    Rev. Larry

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.