Home Forums Noticings… 200520 – Online Worship

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    office
    Keymaster

Noticings…

May 20, 2020

I am on study leave this week so there will not be a worship service livestreamed from Faith United this weekend (May 24th). Zeljka and I will return at our usual 10:30am time on Sunday May 31st.

Rather than try to arrange for a pulpit supply minister to come in and learn our technology in this strange season our Faith United Council decided it would be better to offer our congregation some other online options. One of the positives to emerge from this season of pandemic is that there are now hundreds of United Churches offering online worship. Here are a few that I would recommend:

Parkdale United Church – Ottawa
    Rev. Dr. Anthony Bailey is widely regarded as one of our denomination’s best preachers. Their service is at 10:30am and lasts about an hour. Click the link to access their website, and then scroll down a bit for the video.

Cambridge St. United Church – Lindsay
    Rev. Craig Donnelly served in Oshawa for many years and now is the minister at Cambridge St. in Lindsay. Their service is at 10:30am and lasts an hour. Click the link to directly access their live service.

Wall St. United Church – Brockville
    Rev. Kimberly Heath is a fine preacher who serves in Brockville. Their pre-recorded service is posted on YouTube by Sunday morning and lasts around 30 minutes. Click the link to access their YouTube channel.

Or, if you’re the adventurous type, here is a link to the entire catalogue of known United Church online services. You could find something from anywhere across the whole country!
    United Church Online Worship Map

I hope you enjoy your online worship with our friends and neighbours across this United Church of ours. And I look forward to being with you again on the 31st.

Ways To Keep Connected

The Porch Online ~ Mondays @ 10:30 AM – This weekly gathering looks at the upcoming Sunday’s readings and will give participants a chance to ask questions and learn more background about the texts and get thinking about what they might hear the following Sunday. Join The Porch via Zoom.

Worship Wednesday ~ Wednesdays @ 7:15 PM – Join us for Worship Wednesday on YouTube. 15 minutes of music and prayer. All are invited!

Coffee and Conversation ~ Thursdays @ 9:30 AM – Join us for coffee and conversation, each Thursday at 9:30 am. Social, drop in, no agenda. We will gather via Zoom.

Online Worship ~ Sundays @ 10:30 AM – Returns May 31st

To tune in, go to YouTube and search for “faithunitedchurch” – or click the YouTube link on our webpage. You may also click this link, and it will redirect you to our YouTube page.

Rev. Larry will lead worship on Sunday mornings at our usual 10:30 am time, with music support, and with minimal tech support to allow for streaming. All previous Sunday worship services are available on-demand, and you can watch any time!

Special Announcement From Kathleen
    We have a fun project for all our youth to make at home. Once completed, your “artwork” will be installed into the prayer garden design.

We have a limited number of 10 inch round cement “penny” stones. They would be super special if they were personalized and decorated to reflect the interests and personalities of our Faith youth and could represent this time in COVID history. Age is not a barrier. This can be done in many ways: painted with craft paint, painted with wood or furniture stain or outdoor paint (anything you have kicking around) affix items with E6000 glue (obtained from Walmart or Home Depot). Once they are returned I will seal them and display in the garden. If your child or children are interested in participating in the fun and special project, give me a call and I will tell you where you can pick up the penny stone(s). I have stashed them near the front door of the church. One per child please.

Ideas: hand/foot prints for the littles, favourite sports or books or music or pets ……or plants. Images from the internet.  Let their imagination run wild. Consider signing the stone with first name, date and age for posterity.

Let’s keep busy, stay connected, keep happy. Surely God is in this place….and every place.
    Blessings and hugs to all,
    Kathleen P.

For more information please email Stacey ~ Children, Youth, and Young Family Leader here

Shalom,
    Larry
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.